I got an AWARD!
Thursday 17th February 2011
Yeah - thank you SO much Penny from My Spirited Baby !!!!
Here's what you gotta do:
1. Thanks and link back to the blogger who passed this award onto you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award other recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
Hmmm - 7 things about me:
- I was 28 when Mr. C and I met, and 29 when we got married... we had been flatting, and he proposed out of the blue, and we were married within three months!
- I had a chronic incurable disease called 'Hidradenitis Supporativa', got it when I was 18 and it got bad enough that I needed 4 years off work in my mid-late twenties. Then in my 30's God healed me, and I have been 'HS' free for about 3 years now!
- I am 10kg's lighter now than when I got pregnant with Button (the joys of a reflux baby *grin*)!
- I am a fully trained Early Childhood Teacher, but have not worked in this since finishing my training due to my ill health (had worked in it for 4-5 years prior to training). When I got better I decided I didn't want to do it anymore, and went into accounting (of all things - I hated maths at school and NEVER took accounting *grin*)!
- I struggle with fear... I fear EVERYTHING, and always have. Even as a kid I can remember always thinking/imagining the worst case scenario in every situation; you'd never get me on things like a Flying Fox etc, as I had always seen myself coming off it in my mind long before you'd have tried convincing me to attempt it!
- I was in love with Michael Jones (All Black) as a teenager, and was convinced he was waiting for me to get old enough so we could get married ;-)! My walls were covered in pictures of him!
- I am still best friends with a girl I have known since I was 5 and she was 4 (we met at church)... I am a surrogate Aunty to her three girls, and she is to my girl as well. She is the closest thing I have to a real sister - she knows me well, and has known me for a LONG time.
Now to award 7 other folk, here goes:
First award will go to my sister-in-law who inspired me to try blogging again:
Then Mariah - she was the first ever kiwi Mummy I found blogging beside myself and Amy, it was from her I found Kiwi Mummy Blogs
Next is Lisa - I have 'known' Lisa through a Yahoo Group (Christian Journaling) that I was involved in years ago. Her writing inspires and challenges me, and she has an amazing family - I hope one day our family love each other as much as hers does!
Now it's another Amy - a lady I have also 'known' for a long time through the Yahoo CJ group... her writing challenges me, and makes me laugh!
Now it's Angela - I LOVE her '5 at 5' or her '8 at 8', her tips are fantastic and I think I need to start noting some of these down! I also find her really funny, and look forward to her posts.
Number six is Kristy - I love her photography, I love how she shares her family and their adventures with us... I want to be like that when I grow up *grin*! I can only hope our family has as much fun as her's does...
And finally - I have just discovered Simoney, and am totally in-love with her blog! I have just spent the past two days reading, reading and reading - I love her writing style, I can relate to so much that she writes about and we seem to have a lot in common... so here's to many more posts Simoney!
I am new to this so have probably gone way over-board, but hey - you'll just have to forgive me!
But while I am at it; I thought I'd do an unashamed plug for my Mum also! I didn't pick her as I didn't want this to look like a 'family thing', and also she only blogs about her craft, and thus involved in a whole heap of blog rings and such relating to that! However - if you want to see some AMAZING card making, head on over to:
And tell her I said hello!
Anyway - I'll sign off now, but that award MADE MY WEEK, so thanks again Penny!